Monday, February 6, 2012

Grapefruit and push-ups

First and foremost let me say to all of our friends who are fans of the new york football giants, enjoy it.  That's all I have to say on that matter.

Moving on to matters of cider, we're still waiting on our new kegs, which is holding us back a little.  We're like a sprinter in those relays with the batons (4X100?), we're running just in front of the guy behind us trying to grab the baton (kegs for the metaphorically challenged), waiting to get going full speed.  Hopefully we end up like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSpPaCIG0g, and not this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12a5O94riKU.  I realize that I went completely rogue on that metaphor, but I think you get the point, and watching 3 minutes of people hurting themselves in track and field is better than a mishandled baton pass.  If you take anything from that paragraph, it should be that as soon as we get our new kegs, we're going to burst out of the gates (a close second is that hurdles absolutely makes for the best track and field blooper, see: second link 0:54.  If we fail as a company, I want to do it just like that guy.  I'm not sure what the cider industry equivalent is, but I would find it and own it).

As I usually do, I'll give you a little insight into our lives.  Our Fall activities were apples and football.  We've moved on to grapefruit and push-ups (we are obviously still into apples, but the days of picking ripe macouns off the trees in the Manter's orchard are behind us).  On any given day we eat as many as ten grapefruit.  If you haven't gotten into grapefruit in a big way, I highly recommend it.  If not, you are outside of your mind.  I could write about grapefruit for hours, but maybe I'll save that for a new start-up.  Grapefruit Aficionado Quarterly?  Stay tuned.

Our other hobby right now is push-ups.  You might be asking yourself, why would Ross Brockman, Ben Manter, and Tyler Mosher, three of the most muscular guys in the game, want to tack on even more mass?  Simple.  Biceps equals success, have you seen this guy?  Oh, he's not successful?  Maybe I'll just grow long hair like this guy.  Really?  Him too?  I guess I'll do this?

THE WORLD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!

 For those of you keeping score, last weeks correct answers were:
1. Ross
2. Tyler
3. Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment